The good old classic Roast Beef. Yum! I'll give you roast beef 2 ways and 1 left-over way. Now I'm not the norm, I make my roasts in the slow cooker. I never seem to have good luck when I use the oven. So get out your slow cooker! The first is the more classic way that gives you a full meal in one hit. The second gives you a great flavored roast and wonderful broth to make kickin' gravy and then with the left-overs we'll make a soup. Triple yum!
Classic Roast Beef
|What you need, minus the meat.|
3-4 Potatoes, cut into large chunks
4-6 Carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
2. Fill with water to cover potatoes
3. Add 2 beef bullion cubes
4. Place roast on top
5. Sprinkle with 1 envelope of onion or beefy onion soup mix
6. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours
It'll be fall apart tender and delicious!
|All seasoned and ready to cook|
|Here's what I had :)|
Boozy Roast Beef
This is so simple!
1. Put your roast in the slow cooker
2. Season with salt and pepper or McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
3. Pour in 1 bottle or can of beer
4. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours
The broth from this makes amazing gravy for mashed potatoes!
Beef Noodle Soup
1. In a large pot cook diced onion, celery and carrots in a little olive oil for 5 minutes
2. Add in left over roast beef, broth and veggies
3. Stir in 1 quart beef stock or broth
4. Season with salt and pepper as needed
5. Simmer for about 1 hour
6. Add in 1-2 cups of elbow macaroni, cook according to package directions
|Wonderful hearty soup with a side of Monkey Bread, of course.|
Here is where you can find the Monkey Bread recipe too!