Friday, January 18, 2013

Pinterest Success!

I fell hard and fast in love with Pinterest after a friend introduced me to it about a year ago.  Some days I think I could spend all day on it.  I love all the amazing tips and trick and recipes and things that are like "Duh!  Why didn't I think of that?!"  I not only have all my boards and pins on my Pinterest page, but I have a whole notebook dedicated to all the recipes that I jot down too.  Most are successes, but I've had a few flops (as you've seen).  I've used Pinterest to do birthday parties for each of my family members this past year and had an absolute blast doing them!  --Bella had Minnie Mouse, Eric had Red Solo Cup, Zach Star Wars and Taylor had a Unicorn and Rainbow party.  --  But by far the recipes, oh, the endless recipes, are my favorite.  For dinner the other night I made Beef and Broccoli and it was really good!  Simple with very few ingredients and the flavor was great! 
Nice homemade version of take-out Chinese
 
This morning I had a few ladies over for a catalog party.  We, of course, had coffee, an egg casserole, Blueberry Breakfast Cake and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The Blueberry Cake was a first for me.  I used frozen mixed berries instead of fresh blueberries.  It was good, but the other berries made it a bit more sour tasting and because they were frozen the cake took almost an hour to bake completely.  It was moist and good though nonetheless.  Will I make it again?  I don't know.  I'm a sucker for blueberry buckle and I think I'd rather have that instead.  You try it and let me know what you think.  
A little piece with some coffee
This was not my first time to make the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  After I saw an episode of "Bunheads" where Boo's mom was consoling Michelle with cookies, she exclaimed that they were "the best cookies she had ever had."  Boo's mom (can't remember her name) said they were pumpkin chocolate chip.  I then went in search for a recipe on Pinterest and found this one.  I made them twice in a week and we all ate them like scavengers!  They are a soft, almost cake-like cookie, spiced with a little cinnamon.  I use softened butter instead of oil and a little less chocolate chips then the recipe calls for (call me crazy, I know!).  One recipe will make about 2 dozen, so this time I doubled it!  They are so good.  Like, make me drool just writing about it, good.
Little morsels of heaven...
I hope you have successes with these recipes like I did and give them a chance.  I know we sure enjoyed them!  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE blueberry cake! My mom has the best recipe that I'm hoping I can figure out how to tweak now that I can't stomach gluten.

    ReplyDelete