Here's how I've adapted it!
Chicken Noodle Soup
1. Chop: 3 carrots, 3-4 ribs of celery and 1 medium onion
2. Add veggies to a pot with: 2-3 T evoo, 1 bay leaf, about 1 T parsley, s&p
3. Let saute` and cook until veggies begin to soften
4. Add 6-8 cups of chicken stock (1 1/2-2 quart size boxes)
5. Bring to a simmer
6. Add 2 chicken breasts cut into pieces and cook for 5 minutes
7. Add noodles of desire (I like to use alphabets for my kids) and cook until soft
-8. Serve and enjoy!
Now if you are happen to be like my husband and like dumplings here's how I change it up a bit. This dumpling recipe is from his grandma that spoiled him and made these for him all the time when he was little. She made them the long way, simmering all day long with the whole chicken and everything! Now, I love my hubby and all, but I'm not always that eger to cook a whole bird for someone who doesn't even like the chicken in it! So this is how I do it.
Combine 3 cups of flour, 2 eggs and 1 cup of milk just until it is all moist and set aside.
3. They are done when they float to the top.
Now you could add chicken before the dumplings if you wanted to :)
I know we all needed this warm pick-me-up today. It was just one of those days.... Kleenex?