|My bars pressed into pans|
- 2 1/2 cups (410 grams) pitted dates
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) whole almonds (I used about 1/2 cup since I didn't use walnuts)
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) walnut pieces (I didn't use these and they turned out great still)
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- In a food processor add the dates and pulse until finely chopped and they start to form a ball.
- Add the almond and nuts and pulse few more times until the nuts are chopped.
- Add the cocoa powder and coconut and pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Take the date-nut mixture out and spread it evenly in a 7X7 baking pan lined with plastic foil.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for few hours before cutting into bars.
|Cut into yummy bars and put into snack bags|
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 10 medjool dates, pitted (or 1 cup of regular dates)
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Pulse cashews in your food processor until finely chopped. Empty the nuts into a bowl.
- Place the dates into the food processor and grind until roughly chopped into small pieces.
- Now add the cashew nuts back to the food processor with the dates, add a pinch of sea salt if using, and pulse until well combined.
- Form into bars. (I tried a 8x8, but they were really thin. I'd recommend a bread pan or just forming them into a good shape with your hands in plastic wrap.)
- Store in an air tight container or wrap individually in plastic wrap (Or snack size zip lock bags) for convenience and refrigerate.
*If you are using regular dates instead of medjool and the mix is not holding together, add 1-2 tablespoon of warm water.
*It is best to use medjool dates because they're much softer.
*If you are allergic to nuts, swap the cashews out for sunflower seeds